This position is responsible for safeguarding, safety, and security of assets, property, personnel, customers and all visitors, at various client locations and businesses. The candidate will be required to act as close security and armed response personnel and to protect the allocated clients, clients’ family, properties and company property.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 24 hours emergency availability.
- Perform all the function of personal close protection services to the designated person.
- Escort designated persons as required by the company to the required destination.
- Patrol designated areas and properties to ensure that they are secured.
- The overall purpose of this position is to ensure that all site specific security requirements are adhered to and that the needs of the organization are efficiently and professionally met at all times.
- Ensure that the PSIRA and Occupational Health and Safety standards, rules and regulations are complied with.
- Ensures that all guests and employee accidents and injuries are responded to, documented, addressed and proactively evaluated for root cause.
- Responsible for protecting company assets and personal property from theft, fire, sabotage, or damage. Report incidents that may impact the well being of facilities, clients, or employees to law enforcement and emergency service agencies as may be necessary.
- Attend all office engagements both internal and external as of when required.
- Ensure that the vision of the company with respect to security and health and safety are instilled throughout the company and its service providers.
- Manage the health & safety and security related aspects of the company, its designated person, all the company assets in the different sites and company designated sites.
- Successfully manage the reduction of crime in conjunction with SAPS at all the company premises, properties including but not limited to any designated site by the company.
- Compile crime and statistical analysis in and around the area.
- Conduct regular risk analysis and security-related advice to the company all its property, personal and designated sites and personnel. Investigate security short comings and provide possible solutions (camera, access and electronic building systems, burglar monitoring, incident response, safety and evacuation procedures, fire procedures, etc)
- Conduct crime surveillance and prevention of crime, manage and coordinate of CCTV surveillance and manage the control and tracking of criminal activity around the company properties and all the designated areas.
- Ensure that all the all the security systems are optimally functioning and that the company enjoys the benefits of the systems to effectively manage the risks including but not limited to security and health & safety.
- Ensure that all site equipment is maintained, efficiently operational and serviced regularly.
- Protect the company against espionage, theft of information, and sabotages.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- It is specifically recorded that will be responsible for and will be required to protect, safeguard and ensure the security of the company directors, the directors’ families or any person designated by the directors at both the office and at their personal residences and another place during working hours and after hours from Monday to Sunday.
- A designated person includes but not limited to the company, any of the company throughout the Oasis group, including its associates, partner companies, related trusts, trustees, beneficiaries, employees, the directors and their family members or any person as directed by the company from time to time.
- The employee will work as rapid response personnel at all the company’s property and employees and the company designated sites and person and family.
- The employee will be required to ensure that he is available 24hrs a day and 7 days a week to attend to emergencies and assistance required to the company and the company designated persons and sites.
- Ensure that travel plans and arrangements are properly co-ordinate with the operations department.
- Ensure that when the family travels, the necessary security arrangements are to be made for the airport or relevant venues.
- Need to ensure that you are there at the airport in terms of the appropriate times of arrivals and departures.
- Ensure that you attend the company and designated events as when required.
- Responsible for Radio Communications and Telephone Communications in respect of the different sites and also ensuring that there is emergency contact numbers etc.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Qualification in Security Management and close protection services
- Health and Safety qualification
- First Aid qualification
- Grade A Psira Qualification.
- Fully bilingual (Afrikaans and English).·
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Clear Criminal Record.