A company based in Cape Town has a permanent position for Operations Managers who are ready to start immediately.
Duration: Permanent with 6-month probation period clause.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00 (hours may fluctuate due to production/operational requirements, weekends and overtime as per operational requirements).
Degree or diploma in Logistics/Operations
- At least 5 years in Managerial position in Operations/Logistics.
- Warehouse Management System experience.
- SAP B1 experience.
- OHS experience.
- Logistics experience – managing truck-fleet.
Operations Manager to ensure efficient operation of equal standards across all warehouses and logistics. Responsible for distribution and maintaining stock integrity.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Honesty, Integrity & Reliability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated: Ability to work with little supervision.
- Managing and motivating of multiple teams and departments.
- A willingness to learn.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Open to change and learning new systems.
- Initiating and keeping of procedures for efficient operations.
- Time management – Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Must be flexible due to work demands.
- Must have own reliable vehicle.
- Well presented.
- Team Management
- Cold store, offices and facilities OHS.
- 2 x Cold Store Managers.
- Logistics Manager.
- OHS Admin.
- Inventory Controller.
- Managing of the 2 Cold Store Managers to optimize operational efficiency (including goods issuing and receiving / production inputs and outputs / housekeeping / etc.)
- Planning department shifts and personnel workload.
- Ensure the Cold Chain is managed.
- Ensure WMS system integrity in place.
- Ensure food safety and general housekeeping rules are adhere to.
- Manage maintenance of equipment.
- Responsibility for stock management and integrity (packaging, seafood products and other stock) in own warehouses, cold stores and 3rd party cold stores.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance across the company and external warehouses.
- Managing the logistics team and oversee logistical planning of company fleet and 3rd party transporters.
- Manage maintenance of fleet.
- Coordinate with Trade department loadings and distribution.
- Coordinate with Procurement department all purchases receiving.
- Responsible for OHS across all offices and warehouses.
- Responsible for insurance across all offices and warehouses.
- Responsible for security for all offices and warehouses.
A must have experience in Cold Store/Warehouse environment – FMCG (FOOD INDUSTRY)
If you are available and meet all requirements below, please send a updated CV, copy of ID and all trade/qualification certificates to email@example.com