Lesedi Nuclear Services has extensive experience in the execution of turnkey engineering projects in the nuclear and non-nuclear industries, notably at the Koeberg Nuclear Power Station and the Medupi Coal Power Station.
Today, Lesedi is a Level four Broad Based Black Empowerment Enterprise (BBBEE), with a strong focus on localisation and empowerment, employing more than 300 people.
This includes 76 qualified engineers and technicians with extensive nuclear expertise, as well as technicians, artisans, semi-skilled and administrative support personnel and highly experienced project management professionals.
Lesedi’s success is based on its outstanding people, performance, industry expertise and strong focus on forging lifetime bonds with clients. Lesedi’s success is anchored on the company’s culture of teamwork, strong and accessible leadership, as well as high quality standards throughout our business processes.
The company has a vacancy for the position of a Senior Project Accountant.
The Senior Project Accountant role is accountable for the direction, management and performance of the project accounting function.
He or She will closely liaising with the Group Financial Manager to ensure accurate project financial forecasting, revenue recognition, accounting and reporting to contribute to the sustainable financial growth of the organisation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Produce monthly project performance reports (PPR) clearly highlighting thresholds, trends and deviations from the baseline and submit and discuss with PM and submit final report to PM’s and Exco for review;
- Capture major supplier / sub-contractor costs once approved information is received from PM (or approved delegate) and timeously submit for payment;
- Ensure that no additional cost is incurred without Contingency or Management Reserve Application approval;
- Generate invoices to clients timeously for works and contract price adjustment (CPA) once relevant information is received from the PM
- Keep track of bonds and advise timely for the renewal and / or reduction of same including that for suppliers / subcontracts;
- Manage project retention and its release including that of subcontracts / suppliers
- Confirm accuracy of work performed by subordinate project accountants including monthly project performance reports and monthly project journals
- Ensure project accounting is performed consistently and accurately through implemented processes, procedures, guides and standards as well as IFRS revenue recognition requirements
- Liaise with finance for processing of project related revenue, cost of sales, accruals, retentions and income received in advance as required;
- Liaise with CFO and provide assistance to PM’s to develop forecasts and budgets for all projects as required;
- Take full responsibility for the audit of the financial statement items, which specifically relate to “projects”
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B Com Finance
- CIMA, CA(SA) or similar will be advantageous
- 5+ years’ experience as project accountant in a projects environment (ideally in the construction / engineering industries) with knowledge of IFRS revenue recognition
- Experience in the practical application of an ERP system;
- Advanced level experience of Microsoft Excel
- Analytical thinking
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- High degree of integrity so that personal & professional values are aligned & creates trust & respect amongst colleagues
- Accountability – has clear understanding of responsibility and accountability for actions
- Able to establish & adjust priorities based on conflicting internal requirements
- Sound communication skills – written and spoken
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Can apply knowledge to develop new approaches and processes