The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will oversee the activity of the quality assurance department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a Food Safety System of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and/or development processes.
- Creates, implement and maintain a food safety management system.
- Ensures that all QC requirements are completed on time for audits.
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet the required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to the QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Coordinates product testing processes and schedule(s).
- Participates in product testing.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, defects, and other problems; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Reviews client, customer, and user feedback.
- Maintains compliance with organizational and national laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Ensures that all maintenance is performed correctly and according to food safety management systems procedures.
- Training of all staff regarding food safety principles.
- Procurement of all PPE and cleaning chemicals.
- Verification that cleaning of the facility has been performed correctly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hires and trains quality assurance staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology or any field related to the position.
- Three to five years of experience in a related field required with supervisory experience a plus.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking in the facility as well as sitting at a desk and working on a computer.