The spray painter job description entails performing surface preparation to parts prior to the actual painting and loading/unloading paint conveyor lines.
It also involves spraying paints on various assemblies, vehicles, subassemblies, parts, plant equipment, and fixtures etc., according to operation sheets, sketches, verbal instructions, and commercial and government specifications.
Spray painters work with instructions and work orders from the process supervisor, assistant or lead person, and are responsible for handling material and machinery to and from proper locations using equipment such as overhead cranes and other relevant tools.
Spray painters must execute their job according to specification and work order, so it is crucial that they refer to appropriate documents or devices, including data collection device, packing list, bill of lading, part lists, drawings, sketches, manuals, books, charts and process sheets to properly identify materials and assure continuity of operations.
- Valid driver license
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Afrikaans
- Trade tested spray painter advantageous
- Have atleast 5 years’ experience in an industrial spray painting environment
- Ability to maintain admin records (i.e. records of work carried out and materials used)
- Good understanding of safety protocols in respect of hazardous chemicals, and have the ability to evaluate task risks.
- Sense of pride in his/her work and have attention to detail
- Have an aptitude in using various hand tools, including wrenches, pliers, and hammers, which includes power tools, welders and pneumatic tools
- Be medically fit with no restrictions in terms of working in confined spaces and at various heights
- Ability to work after hours and over weekends when required by the Employer.
- Be willing to travel and work temporarily out of town if required by the Employer.
- Applicant must have his own reliable transport to get to and from work daily.
You May Apply For These Positions